Free website - Wix.com

Click on the areas of the Flash Header Above to Interact with the website

New to Couponing ? Poor Mom Recommends

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Being Happy is free


“A man's as miserable as he thinks he is.” ~Seneca

Being happy doesn't cost anything. You don't need money, a nice car, designer clothes, or all the niceties in life; all you need is a good outlook despite the prognosis. Some people struggle with being happy, rejecting the feeling . I know some of those people, and it's down right depressing . They are as blind to the bright side of things as Helen Keller ( who probably had every right to be as miserable as she wanted , but instead chose to be happy, by all accounts) .

Example 1 :

My kitchen cupboards look like some one threw a grenade in there and closed the door. This is mostly due to 2 facts, my plastic storage has reproduced like a family of rabbits and my 2 year old son insists on putting away the dishes that aren't breakable. He loves this little chore and I know that not too far down the road I won't be able to PAY him to do this . So as I empty the dishwasher my little helper shoves plastic bowls, lids and bottles in , with no concern for organization. It doesn't bother me AT ALL , I'm happy he likes to help, is learning to put things ( approximately) where they belong , and he's not somewhere else creating more visable disasters like crayola wall murals or exploding toy boxes .
Some people look at my disheveled cupboards and get an instant headache and bad attitude, but I know a headache and bad attitude aren't going to clean those cupbords they are just going to make them appear 100 times worse.

Example 2 :
You may have guessed it by the title of this blog : I'm not rich . This doesn't depress me, I never expected to be rich . I look at what I have as opposed to other people , without comparing and being jealous. When I start to feel a little down that my house is too small, my car doesn't work well for my family , I don't have the RV I've wanted for years I don't dwell on it , I plan for better. That's basically how I got into couponing, to reserve money to put toward all those things I want but don't have . Other people choose to bemoan the situation, complain about all they have to do to improve it and actually get MAD when other people have a taste of some good fortune.

Example 3:
I have an almost 2 and a half year old and a 6 month old. Needless to say things are loud, unruley, and slightly to extremely chaotic in my house . I'm no Mahatma Ghandi and occassionally it does get to me, but it takes a lot . Some people insist that these are the 2 worst children in America, possibly the world. I now they are acting their age and I don't expect a 2 year old to act like a five year old, so I'm not suprised or angered when he has thrown himself bodily on the floor in a tantrum screaming and thrashing to the point of almost levatating .

So in a nutshell I guess I'm a glass half full kind of gal, surrounded by glass half empty people. I find no benefit in allowing myself to worry ( excessively) or be depressed and angry , these are the only 3 emotions that are worthless in my opinion. Anger begets anger, worry begets worry , and depression begets depression , and I don't have the time or money for that . So I choose the free route, Happiness. It's not hard , it's good for me, and out of all the things I can't control it's the one thing I have 100% reign over ..It's good to be queen !
Jami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the input.
Visit http://bigtent.com/groups/lrn2coupon to join a hot couponing community. Join a local group or trade coupons across the country !

Nominate a Website for Our Enrichment Award







BLOG ENRICHMENT AWARD WINNERS

Free Printable Behavior Charts

Grocery Wiz See your Sunday Circular Here
 
ss_blog_claim=4e917b079592cebd713d147e0eb6b364