Free website - Wix.com

Click on the areas of the Flash Header Above to Interact with the website

New to Couponing ? Poor Mom Recommends

Monday, July 13, 2009

All You Grocery Challenge Day 1


Today is day 1 of the All You magazine grocery challenge , and there is ALREADY a hitch in my giddyup . My husband's best friend and God-Father to our son is coming into town with his new girlfriend . We are always happy to see him and excited to meet the new girl ( fingers crossed she's "the one") but this means a meal or two out , which will make a huge dent in our All You budget this week.

Luckily I bought 3 annual gift certificate packages for restaurant.com at 80% off this past Christmas as a gift to ourselves. I plan on hunting for a few restaurants we can use while our friends are in town.

Now for the grocery shopping . Before I head out I need to take stock of everything in my pantry and freezers. I am pretty well stocked on cereal , snacks and thanks to the huge meat deal at Albertson's 2 weeks ago ( Jenny-O turkey for less than a dollar a package ! ) and Fresh and Easy coupon and meat deals I deffinitely have enough meat to get me through the month. With a 2 year old and a almost 3 month old there are some things I need to buy every week , as we routinely run out and they're not "stockpileable".

Milk ( 2 gallons a week)
Bread ( 2 loaves)
Fruit ( always bananas ,I think my boy is 1/2 monkey)
Seasonal Veggies ( we are taking a trip to the farmer's market for fun this week and I'm looking forward to seeing what they've got available)

I'll also be hunting for some freebies. We don't have to worry about back to school items but I will be picking up all the freebies at CVS this week to give away at church along with anything that's within 3 months of expiring from my pantry overhaul.

Check back on Wednesday to get the update from my grocery shopping trip and check out my new and improved Pantry Pics !
Jami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the input.
Visit http://bigtent.com/groups/lrn2coupon to join a hot couponing community. Join a local group or trade coupons across the country !

Nominate a Website for Our Enrichment Award







BLOG ENRICHMENT AWARD WINNERS

Free Printable Behavior Charts

Grocery Wiz See your Sunday Circular Here
 
ss_blog_claim=4e917b079592cebd713d147e0eb6b364